You are not what you eat By Van Clayton Powel
Overall – A basic book on how to eat. I have been beating this drum forever. If your digestion, bowels or energy is not what you want this may be a good book to start with. Available at your local library or bookstore.
Main message of the book –
– No fluids 30 min before a meal. ½ cup of water with a meal. No fluids for 1 hour after a meal. All fluids room temp.
– chew each bite 30 times.
– eat a meal and wait at least 2-3 hours before eating anything else. Ie. No grazing.
– When you eat don’t watch TV, read, argue, run around. Just sit down and visit.
– do not exercise 1-2 hours after a meal.
– eat breakfast every day of your life. Do not eat after 7pm.
– have at least one bowel movement a day. If you don’t get help so you do.
“in the 1950’s the average American homemaker spent 2.5 hours shopping for and preparing dinner. By 1996 this had decreased to 15 minutes.”
“By the year 2000 Americans were eating 80% of their restaurant meals in fast food outlets. The average amount of time they spent there? 11 minutes.” (that’s bad)
“Of a group of 32 men who were forced to do hard labour in one German concentration camp during WW II, only three survived. One of the survivors wrote the three survived by religiously chewing each mouthful of their meager rations 150 times or more.” (it gets more nutrition out of the food)
“It’s now possible to detect over 600 chemicals in our bodies that were not present in any human being before the early 1900’s” (that’s bad also)
If you would like any information on these points, or help in attaining them just give us a call.
Thank you for reading,