The Short Story of Ward Willison’s Life:
When I was growing up in Kelowna, I was a skinny kid who got hurt a lot doing what boy’s used to be allowed to do. I got my first big injury at age 16. The GP said I would never be able to lift my arm above my head again. The physio said differently; it took almost a year but it works just fine now. Since that time I have had doctors and specialists say all kinds of things about me that have not come true. However I still go to them on occasion and listen to them carefully because they did save my life once.
It was an Educational Kinesiologist and two helpers at a lunch break in my first “alternative” therapy course that changed everything. I was hit by a car in 1991 and it really injured me. I spent the next 5+ years in 24 hour-a-day pain… Unless I took a lot of medication, which sometimes I did. I went to 4 spinal specialists, several doctors, had dozens of x-rays, two cancelled surgeries, hundreds and hundreds of Chiro, Physio and Massage treatments and a wheelbarrow of medication.
Those three people in a conference room in Salmon Arm took all my pain away in about three minutes doing “alternative therapies”. I will spend the rest of my life working on doing the same for others.
“The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don’t know.” Albert Einstein
There is not enough space to list all the books, courses and people I have trained with, I read about 25-35 books a year, and countless articles and research papers. I spend 100-200 hours a year in personal training and take 1-3 courses a month. Education is weightless but only as useful as what can be recalled and used appropriately.
Since Covid the availability of on-line education has exploded and basically removed any barrier to learning from anyone anywhere. I have taken advantage to learn from world leaders in their health specialty.
The biggest and most important reason my clinic, All Body Care gets results is the education and love I have received from my teacher, Elisabeth Pazdzerski. The successes I have I credit to remembering what she told me, and when it does not work I take the blame for not remembering what she has told me.
I will forever be grateful for her kindness in teaching me. She has spent over 55 years working with some of the most difficult medical cases you can imagine. (I wrote those last paragraphs in 2005. My first paying client was in 1996. I wrote this in 2023 and more than ever I owe my teacher everything.)
- Mentor: Elisabeth Pazdzerski R.Ac 1998-present
- Western Canadian Institute of TCM graduated 2000
- CMSTC Internship 1998-2003
- Kinesiology internship 1996-97
- Red seal Chef (apprenticeship) BCIT, SAIT
Courses Ward has Attended
This is not a complete list, but it is a nice sample. I am passionate about learning and practice. I fully believe solutions to people’s health are synthesis of information, so diversity of study is helpful.
- Anatomy Trains – Tom Myers
- High Performance training – Eric Creesey
- Gait Happens – Foot Health
- The Foot Collective – Foot Health
- Peter Deadman – Qigong
- Restore your Core – Lauren Ohayon
- Radical Remission Masterclass – Dr Kelly Turner
- Janice Hadlock – several TCM courses
- Neil Gumenick – 5 element diagnosis
- Tai Chi classes/workshops – hundreds and hundreds of hours
- Certified Life Coach – American Union of NLP
- Heart Math practitioner training
- Compassion in the Hard Places, bereavement training
- Kettlebells for clinicians – Somatic senses ltd.
- Neurovascular Releases Parts 1&2 – Agile Body Therapy LLC
- Acupuncture Sports Medicine, W Reaves
- Advanced Facial Acupuncture, ME Wakefield
- Herbal Prescriptions, Bob Doane
- Diagnosis, Jimmy Chang
- Spinal Assessment and tx, Stuart McGill
- Body-Mind Mapping in TCM, Giovanni Maciocia
- Voice Rehab, ML Iceton
- Applications of Pulse diagnosis, Will Morris
- 2011 COMS, 3 day symposium
- Gestational care and support, David Bray
- Bridges to Change, Inside Out Leadership
- The Turning Point, Marshall Silver
- Constitutional Facial Rejuvenation, ME Wakefield
- Micro Alignment therapy, B James
- Attracting the life you want, JA Ray
- TX of Mental Emotional Illness, G Maciocia
- 2008 COMS
- Peaceful Warrior, Dan Millman.
- Mastery of Self Expression,
- 2004, 2005, 2006 COMS
- MOSHOG, Peak Potentials
- Train the trainer 1&2, Peak Potentials
- Life Directions, Peak Potentials
- Enlightened Warrior Training, Peak Potentials
- Wizard Training Camp, Peak Potentials
- Millionaire Mind Intensive, Peak Potentials
- Koryo Hand Therapy, D Lobash
- Grief Recovery Outreach Program, C Jantzen
- Tongue Diagnosis, G Maciocia
- Pain Relief with Moxa, HL Wolfe
- Jingluo system, MT CHau
- TFH Compendium, John Thie
- Bowen Therapy, OZ
- TFH III, K McCarthy
- Berry’s Body Management, A Berry
- TFH I-II, B Haraga
- IFA, St John Ambulance
- Brain Gym, C Knibbs
- Wellness Kinesiology, W Topping
- IFIC, CND govt
I started Martial Arts training at age 12, mostly Traditional Wing Chung and Tai chi. Then I spent several years with Aikido, TKD (ITF), Chito-ryu karate, some boxing and wrestling. I give my respect to all of my teachers over the last 40+ years as I feel the training in Martial Arts has given me much of my life successes.
Travel: I left Canada in 1988 and returned full time in 2000, in that time I traveled to 65 different countries. I was also fortunate to work on a UN flagged Cruise ship for several years. Where I worked with people from 90 different countries. The lessons I learned from those people have been a gift. My family still travels regularly.
Books: I had the good fortune to stumble upon a speed reading course at age 16, now I have done 4 different courses. The best is “Photoreading”. I have read well over 1000 books and continue to read a lot of books.
Hobbies: I teach Tai Chi, ski, hike, volunteer, travel and learn.
Whenever you find a great clinic the reality is the front desk is the key. Heather is an enormous part of the success of All Body Care. Yes, Ward and Heather are happily married.
Heather spent 9 years as a Registered Massage Therapist before retiring to be a mom. Returning to work she spends her time running the office, the family and giving the world’s best hugs.
She also has dozens of health courses completed and continues to study diet, eating, cooking, emotional health and wellbeing, parenting and a host of other topics.
Before Covid Heather did offer several treatments at the clinic and one day may return to some of them. For now she is focusing on family and running the clinic.